Sunday, June 14, 2009

Regrets

We just came back from an awesome fireside that James Grant put together on his mission. It was amazing!! It was all different songs depicting the Saviors life with a slide show in the background. Most of the songs were sung by elders. It was narrated with scriptures between songs and a few new converts shared their testimonies. Dave Clark gave an awesome introduction about the life of the Savior. The spirit was so strong. Even with the girls there and trying to entertain them, I felt so uplifted by the message. I am so glad we went.
But as I sat there, I had the same regrets I did when I attended the Gladys Night Concert a year ago with my friend Noelle. I just kept wanting to kick myself for not inviting more friends. Fortunately for the Gladys Night concert, i had invited Noelle (I couldn't have gotten in without a non-member), but I sat there wishing I had invited ten other people because it was so great!! And it happened again tonight. In defense for myself, I did invite my friend Danielle, but it was just this afternoon and she already had plans. So I am committing myself to being more missionary minded and inviting friends earlier. I always invite friends to enrichment activities, and I often do it weeks in advance. But for some reason when it comes to things that are specifically planned for sharing the Gospel it takes me a little more courage to muster up inviting people, and in the end I usually do it last minute. So I don't want to have anymore regrets of not opening my mouth earlier and to more people to invite them to awesome events where they can feel the power of our Savior and learn about His atonement through the spirit that is felt. I am making a pact with myself, that I am going to be a better missionary when it comes to inviting friends to spiritually uplifting meetings or church, not just family-fun activities.

No comments: