Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Loves

Even though today my body felt like a tone of bricks (it just might be the aftermath of camping for 9 days, being a single mom for most of that time, Ben leaving 12 hours after we got home and i got to clean up all of the camping stuff, the 95 degree weather with no air conditioning, and my body feeling like it is detoxing from all the YUMMY foods we ate over the entire week....to name a few), there were some really bright spots.
Like,
Livy telling me she loves me at least once every hour and giving me a hug or rubbing my back.
Me sitting still for half an hour and letting Livy "braid" my hair. She is really into braiding these days.
All three kids planning a hug attack and then running up to me while i was doing dishes and squeezing my legs all at the same time and saying "I LOVE YOU, MOMMY!" And Jackson just screaming and smiling.
Going to the pool to cool off.
Having Nana stop by just to say hello.
Holding and cuddling Jackson for about 20 minutes before the girls woke up. And watching him dance and try to jump to sesame street music.
Listening to the kids squeal with delight while jumping on the trampoline (even if there was some bickering to go along with it.)
Jackson trying to mimic the words i say (finally). It is so fun seeing his personality come out after being such a quiet, mellow kid. Even if it is a lot of screaming to accompany it.
Having my little sister come over for a little bit and talking to her about life.
Soaking in my kids...even when i am tired.

No comments: