Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sayings....

My mom picked Brooke up from pre-school last week for me while I was watching Annie's kids, and I don't have any room in my Mazda for anyone but my own kids (but that is a whole other story....). Anyway, as they were driving and taking a little Grandma date (which my mom is so awesome at,...and which is also the reason my kids know what McDonalds happy meal toys are. well her and Donna), my mom started asking her about her friends and Brooke started talking to her about her cousins. My mom asked about Cami, and said, "Brooke how old is Cami? Are you and Cami the same age?" Brooke responds, "Yeah Grandma, we are the same age." My mom, "But I thought Cami was 5 and you are four." Brooke, "I know, Cami is five and I am four, but we are the same age. " My mom again, "How does that work if you are four and she is five, but you are the same age?" Brooke in a little bit louder voice and very matter-of-fact, "We are the same age grandma. It just works out." She loves cami so much. Everyday we make so many drawings for her and wrap so many beaded necklaces and talk about her coming for Christmas. We are sad Boston is so far away.

One of Livia's favorite phrases (besides a very high pitched, loud and direct "NO") is "I tan't" (I can't). For example, Brooke asked Livy to talk to Cami and Brennan on the phone and Livys response, "I tan't." or "Livy, can you help Brooke pick up the toy room." Livy, "I tan't."
Another favorite phrase is , "mommy, I tist datin." translated: Mommy I kiss Jackson?
Thankfully it isn't "Mommy, I tidt datin" anymore, which is translated: Mommy, I hit Jackson.
Notice the slight difference?? Very slight, but it is there.

Jackson's word of choice lately, is the cutest giggle you have ever heard. He giggled the entire time through relief society today! He just smiled at me and giggled. It was so fun to just get to focus on him and not have Livy and Brooke pulling at me to hold him, or kiss him, or love him. They really cannot get enough of him. Thankfully Livy has passed the jealousy stage, and just totally adores him now. It is so cute to watch her mimick Brooke and make faces at him and coo at him.

They really are the cutest kids ever. Now I just need to remember that at 5:00 in the evening when all choas breaks loose with wining, crying and trying to nurse and get dinner done at a reasonable hour.

1 comment:

Evans Fam said...

How do you do it with 3? 2 is crazy enough I have discovered...Someday maybe I'll be ready for 3 or more... We miss you guys, love you, wish we could see your little guy, and hope you have a fabulous Christmas