Sunday, June 26, 2011

First Weeks of Summer

Jody and Michelle and me. I'm so glad we got to see them.
rock climbing. Brooke really did have a good time, although it doesn't look like it in the picture.
Loving the frozen yogurt. Too bad the air was broken inteh store and it was blistering hot.

Livy is fearless. Except at actual swim lessons where i have to run after her to put her in the pool.
Ben is always the fun guy in the pool
I'm so glad these three got to at least go to school together the last month.
Jumping for joy for summer
Last Day of School
We have had a fun filled summer already and it has been less than two weeks. Monday evening we had a wiffle ball game with some friends in the church parking lot to kick off summer with a fun FHE. Tuesday was Brooke's last day of school. My old coach called and we met up with him and his family at the park and had a picnic and then got frozen yogurt. It was so fun to see Brooke be such good friends with Kaja right off the bat. And it was especially awesome to catch up with Jody and Michelle. They were such an integral part of my growing years at college. Jody shaped a lot of who I am through volleyball practices and competitions and work (I worked for him in the summers and then was hired as his assistant my first year out of college.) he challenged me in every aspect of life. And his wife is just amazing. She is one of the main reasons I aspired to get a master's degree. So it was such a blast to see them. And see Jody in a father role. He is so good with his son. We met up again on Wednesday and went rock climbing and to lunch. Again brooke and kaja were best buds right off the bat.
We went swimming again. It is so awesome to have such good friends that you can just call to go swimming with!
Thursday was beach day! Man I love the beach especially rio del mar with lots of friends because my heart is overwhelmed with joyful memories that brought so many families together when we were growing up. As a kid, Tuesday's were beach day. No matter what, if it was Tuesday we were at the beach with about six other families. And I still have such a lasting bond with those friends. So I love the beach. It also makes me feel like such a good mom because my kids are outside in the fresh air all day long. There is minimum whining, lots of playing and socializing and lots of time for me to hold my kids wrapped in towels an watch the waves together or find sand crabs or build sand castles...I love it.
Friday we had a fun day at home with Calvin and little forrest. We watched them all weekend. Saturday was graduation parties, farmers market, biking in the church parking lot and keeping five kids happy and then stake conference and dinner with friends after.
Sunday we got to have ben's cousin Kate and her husband Kyle for dinner. It always so fun to have family over. Kate taught me piano when we were at BYU and she took my volleyball class. So it was especially fun to catch up,
Monday was the waterpark with friends. And I got up enough guts to take all five kids. They had so much fun. But it made me feel for all those people with twins. Man alive, it is hard. Jackson and little Forrest are only 3 weeks apart and they kept me on my toes. And then dinner at the pool and swimming with the McCoys.
Tuesday was swim lessons and a swim party with dinner at the pool again. It was SO hot. When we left sour house at 4 in the afternoon, the temperature in our house was 90 degrees. Wowzers.
Wednesday was a fun baby shower here at the house, so the day was spent cleaning and decorating. Thankfully my neighbor took Livy and Brooke to the dollar movie with her and her girls and I was able to get a ton done, so it wasn't as stressful as it has been in the past trying to get the house ready. It was such a fun evening, we had it outside on the patio! It again showed me how incredibly supportive and loving our ward is. People are so generous and truly care for one another. And the older women and the young moms mingle, it truly doesn't matter your age, we all get along.
Thursday we had a BLAST at cull canyon. Kate and Haley came with us. It was treat to have older kids to help lug everything to and from the car. And everyone had a great time. We went to the Minor league giants game that evening as well. There were four families that all sat together. The kids absolutely loved it. It was so much fun. And they had a great fireworks show after. Although we paid for the late night the next day with lots of whining, but it was well worth it.
Friday was a low key day at home and Saturday was just perfect with lots of chores and getting things done around the house. A bike ride and park outing with ben and the girls and then an afternoon and evening on a date! Love those kind of weekends.

It has definitely been a great summer already This week is already planned with lots of fun things from swim lessons to the beach and lots of packing to get ready for our trips. I love summer!

1 comment:

Beck Family said...

Way to make me cry. Although I'm having lots of fun seeing new places and being with Ry again I am sooooo missing good friends. I hope someday we all get to be neighbors again. Love ya!