Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy and Sads

Happy: I had a great Mother's Day. Ben made me eggs benedict and gave me an hour to myself to write letters to my girls! It was great, thanks Ben. We went to my parent's house for dinner and the guys made filet mignon and an awesome meal. Luke Champion is a great Chef! Vanessa and Vai Lousi gave me the sweetest Mother's Day Card also! Just them giving me a card made me cry.

Happy: The Cruise was unbelievably AMAZING! I'll post pictures later. (Our mac computer kicks you off the internet after 5 minutes, so i can't upload any photos. If anyone knows why that is happening...any help is needed). Brooke and Livy had so much fun at the Serex's and ben and I had such a nice break that it was really fun to come back to the girls.

Sad: The Cruise is over. It was so fun to look forward to. All the excitement and anticipation and getting ready for it was so fun!

Happy: GUALALA IS NEXT WEEK!!! (ever since Grandma Smith passed away sometimes I get a little sad thinking about her not being there), but the incredible memories there and all the fun we have overrides that tiny corner of sadness.

Happy: Brookelyn's favorite thing right now is to hug...especially me! She has said to me a few times this week, "Mom, do you know what my favorite thing is?" Mom: "Rolly-pooly bugs?" Brooke: "no." Mom: "Livy?" Brooke: "No" Mom: "What?" Brookelyn with a big smile and her arms wide open: "Big, tight hugs!!!"


Sad: I have finally come to the conclusion that I really hate folding and putting away laundry. I don't mind sorting it, srubbing spots, washing, rotating....but I hate actually folding it and putting it away. (I have a few great pictures of pile ups that I will post when I get the picture thing worked out.) One time Ben helped me fold 8 loads of laundry in one night. And the reason it is even more sad when I think about it is because....it will never go away. I will be doing laundry for the rest of my life, even when my kids are grown and out of the house.

Happy: We planted our garden finally. The backyard is starting to look a little bit better!

Happy: Safeway and Smart and Final had awesome sales this week on meat and produce!!!

Happy: I love the stage Livia is at. I get such a kick out of just watching her. She loves to wrestle with her sister, play dress up, ride bikes, jump off things she climbs on (not such a great thing), and even better is that she is a cuddler!! She loves to lay her head on your shoulder for about five minutes to help her wake up from her sleeping!! I eat that up!!

Sad: Probably the saddest thing in the last week is that Mike and Elisha moved to Boston. We miss them so much already!

Happy: I really have the Best Husband Ever!!! I am really trying to notice everything he does. He is amazing!!!

2 comments:

Beck Family said...

i'm happy that your saddest moments were piles of laundry. You do have it good!! I'm totally jealous that you got to go on a cruise. Someday we'll have to go on a couples cruise with a bunch of people. Can't wait to see you guys at Gualala.

Uila said...

Amen to the laundry comment. That has got to be the worst part of motherhood. I hate laundry. And you're right, it will never, ever, ever, ever go away; in fact, it will double and triple when you have your new baby. BTW, congrats! Miss you guys!