Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Music

I have been spoiled growing up to have been in such a musically talented ward. (You would've thought by now it would have rubbed off on me, but sadly, no. Thankfully i have Ben to help our kids be musically talented). And especially at Christmas time, it has been such a treat! And today was no exception. Music at Christmas magnifies the Spirit so much. I am so thankful to people that put in the time and energy to always make the Sunday before Christmas so amazing. I was sitting in Sacrament meeting overflowing with with joy and peace. The music was so powerful. My friend Katie wrote the most beautiful Christmas song and 8 women sang it a cappella today. And the children's chorus was so good. And Robert Elliott's O'Holy Night was just incredible. But amidst the joy I also felt a twinge of sadness. Sadness that i hadn't invited everyone of my friends to bask in this amazing Spirit felt by music. Sad that the few i had invited weren't able to make it. But the joy and wonderment from the amazing songs definitely won out over that twinge of sadness.
Last Saturday we had an amazing ward Christmas Party as well. And again the talent was awesome. And it just makes me so grateful for people like Katie that put in the time to organize and plan such wonderful programs that magnify the feeling of the Christmas Spirit to the umpteenth power. Thank you Katie for sharing your talent and time. And thank you Carrie for having a children's chorus! It was awesome.
I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. And beautiful music helps me feel the power of His birth and his death deep in my soul.

No comments: