Friday, March 9, 2012

Jackson

It seems we have a break in the "terrible two's". Jackson had been an absolute terror with lots of tantrums, no eating, screaming and whining all the time and never wanted to do anything but watch Diego on the ipad and have his binky. Anything else caused a screaming fit and a grumpy boy. But in the last 10 days, that little guy has become his baby-self again. Fun, laid back, happy, smiley and cute as ever. He melts my heart. I think a lot of this change has come because he has finally started to talk. So he can tell us what he wants and express himself. And his voice and pronunciation is SO DANG CUTE! I also love, love, love the fact that he likes to poop in the toilet (potty training here we come!) and he hasn't asked for his binky outside of his crib for three days now. It is awesome.
He still loves Diego, but doesn't throw a screaming tantrum when I say no. (But he does have a huge fit when we try to get him dressed int he morning. He sure loves his sleepers).
He still doesn't eat much, but is doing better. His staples are applesauce, lara bars, noodles, fresh juice and occasionally a pb and honey sandwich. I'm hoping we will grow out of this stage too and start eating more.
He loves trains, fish, and dogs right now.
He loves to try to jump off everything.
I love his excitement when he hears a train coming behind our house.
My favorite word from him right now is how he very articulately pronounces, "Yes" to things. I love it!
He gets so excited to play with Jake and Little Forrest. Most of the time that is the only way I can get him to get dressed.
He loves to follow little Forrest around. He does everything Forrest does. Very cute, but a bit scary if this continues until teenage years.
He loves to snuggle and give me kisses (it does my heart a lot of good)
I love how he dances when he turns on the music from the keyboard.
Livy and he are such good buddies and love to "read" together in his room or play train together.
I can't get enough of his chubby cheeks!


1 comment:

eyre blog said...

that is the best picture of jackson in the mask! What a cute kid.