Saturday, March 17, 2012

Dresses

Yesterday we went to get shoes for Jackson. When we walked in, there were some pretty Easter dresses in the front of the store. Livy immediately started asking if she could get one for her and Brooke. I toyed with the idea and looked at the different styles, sizes, and prices. As we were browsing, Livia said, "Mom, if baby Rebecca were here she could wear that dress when she turned 2."pointing to this purple and green dress. My heart kind of skipped a beat and then sank. I wanted to cry, but i didn't want all the emotions to come out right there in the store. I pushed them back really hard and smiled at Livy and said, "You're right. She would look so pretty in it." I decided right then that I would buy those dresses just so I would remember that moment. Not necessarily how sad I was that I wouldn't see Rebecca in the dress, but how glad I was that Livy had a place in her heart for her baby sister that she had never met.

2 comments:

Kori said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. What a sweet girl.

Beck Family said...

How precious. Livvy is such a sweetheart.