Friday, June 1, 2012

Family Reunion Funerals

We had to go up to Hayward today to look at some tile for a back splash. We had to stop at the light right next to the cemetery. And then they held us there while the Funeral procession went in. At first I started thinking a bit about my grandma's and grandpa's that are buried there. And then Livy started asking me questions about the man stopping traffic and I explained it was for the funeral. She immediately said, "Like Rebecca's?" Then she started talking about about how all the family was there when Grandpa Smith was there. She definitely remembers places, she was only 3 1/2 when we were there for Grandpa Smith's funeral. And we have only been back two or three other times to visit my grandparent's graves.  Then on the way back, she kept asking me, "Mom, have we passed the family reunion." After about the fifth time it finally clicked, she was asking if we had passed by the cemetery again. Shortly after I realized that, we passed it and I pointed it out. She made a cute comment about being their with cousins again and then talked about how we buried Rebecca, but not there.
That girl has a lot of things going on in her brain.

No comments: