Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Piano Recital



Brooke had her first official piano recital the week before school got out. She did so great. Nana stepped in and played the duets with her at the last minute because her piano teacher had to leave out of town unexpectedly. All of us decided we would still do the recital. So Hedy played with Brooke. I have to say, an hour before the recital was not my shining moment as a mother. I was harping on Brooke so bad because she wouldn't practice, and hadn't practiced all week. (It was a stressful sunday, we had a lot of family coming for dinner, Ben had meetings, I had a meeting, I was bringing the refreshments for the recital and it was so blasting hot....). But after she performed, I thought again what  lesson it is that I need to just let Brooke do her thing, and even if it doesn't turn out how I had hoped, she will learn. But in this case, she excelled even better than she had been practicing the weeks before. So next time, no more harping from me.

No comments: