Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

It seemed like Father's Day kind of snuck up on us this year. We went camping for the weekend and then ended it Saturday at a bonfire. And with traffic, even at 10:00 at night we weren't home until midnight. Since I hadn't planned ahead of time for a gift, I racked my brain for "coupon" ideas for Ben. So this year i gave him a two day motorcycle trip with my Dad and brother in Oregon (while we are there for a reunion). And even though he would've gone on the trip even if i hadn't "given" it to him, I specifically wrote on the gift card "No complaints about you being gone. No asking when you are going to be back. And lots of 'I am so glad you could go, tell me all about it.' " And all in all, i think it is one of his most favorite gifts.  We also made him a big banner of all the things we love about him! He gave his dad a once a month father/son lunch date and Brooke made lots of coupons for Ben- hugs, kisses, massage (I couldn't convince her to do no complaining when asked to do her chores...). I think it turned out to be a pretty awesome Father's Day, despite it creeping up on us!
We love you Ben! You really are the best DAD!

1 comment:

Melissa Baker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.