Wednesday, September 23, 2009

3 months officially....

So it has been 3 months officially that I have not blogged. I keep making the excuse that it is because our mac crashed about a day after I posted the last post in June. Then we headed to tenessee for 8 days, then to utah for two weeks, and life just happened after that and since I don't have a computer that I can download my pictures on, I can't blog. The last few weeks I have really been thinking about why I have to blog with pictures, afterall, this is kind of like a journal for me, and my other journals don't have many pictures. So I am going to try to blog and capture the moments better with words! And try to have some sort of documentation of our life for my kids.

And since I was up at 5:30 with Ben getting ready for Seminary and a few big contractions, I thought what better way to start off this baby thing than to make an entry about the labor. Since, by the way, I haven't written one thing down about the pregnancy. Sometimes I think I am weird because I have never kept a pregnancy journal, I have never taken belly shots, and really I hate thinking about the first three months of pregnancy. So I haven't been the best at documenting each experience of my kids life inside the womb.

But for some reason this last month has been different. (not the documentation part, i am still horrible at that), but remembering, feeling, and getting excited about this last phase of pregnancy. I have been a little bit excited about the start of labor, not only because that means that our little boy is almost here to hold and cuddle and just soak in that amazing new born spirit in our home, but I think it is because I know what to expect. I know what is going to happen when labor starts, so I can "enjoy" it a little more (I know that sounds weird). Maybe it is because I feel partially ready for this baby to come. Unlike my last two, I have a crib set up, I have onesies washed, I picked up the girl necessities to have on hand, I actually have a hospital bag packed, no calling my mom to bring a toothbrush and face wash to the hospital. Anyways, I just feel a little excited about this phase. So i hope these contractions continue today and I can have this baby on my own terms and won't have to be induced next week.

I am just so excited to hold this little boy. My memory just keeps being flooded with how special it is to have a newborn in your home. Their spirit is so strong. It is like a tidal wave of memories and peaceful feelings of when we brought Brooke and Livy home. Especially Livy. I think it is because our life was in such disarray with the house remodel and ben changing jobs, me working, etc. but i can still remember so vividly the peace that Livy brought. I would just sit in the glider in the "closet" upstairs nursing and brooke would play at my feet (at least for a little while) and I would just soak in the spirit of that baby. I can't wait for this one to be here. So contractions please don't stop. I really want to meet our little boy soon!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm crossing my fingers he comes today or tomorrow!!

Evans Fam said...

oooohhh! yay! I hope he comes too...how exciting. keep us all posted!