Saturday, October 10, 2009

Freezing Time

I just want to freeze time and bottle it up lately. This morning was such a great "saturday morning". Ben got up and did P90X and Livy woke up a bit early and just played out in the front room. I just listened to her entertain herself while laying in bed for a few minutes. After all the kids woke up, Ben and the girls made sweet potato waffles (we have an awesome recipe for pumpkin waffles from my friend Melissa. One time when making them i didn't have pumpkin, so I used canned sweet potatoes, they are a family FAVORITE!!). While Ben finished things in the kitchen, I nursed Jackson on the couch while listening to Livy's cutest high pitch singing "book-book (translation:brooke), dada, me....and any other thing she can think of to sing" while she was setting her tea set on the kids table. Brooke looked so cute singing softly to herself on the bean bag chair in her two tossled braids left in from last night at the football game, her big blue eyes looking crystal-clear with her pink pajamas and just waiting patiently for her show to begin. All the while I was just trying to soak in the moment. A beautiful baby on my lap and enjoying the girls singing. And for some reason all of this cuteness and fun continued all morning. Brooke telling us stories at the breakfast table, Livy just wanting us to watch her skip and jump (but not in her usual intense scream, but a cute high voice saying, "uh mom ook me") and play at the tea table and Jackson just looking around and being so dang cute. I just love being a mom and enjoying our family!

1 comment:

The Wittmer's said...

Awe...I love it! I too wish I could freeze time! This is the best time of our lives!!!! Glad we have each other to enjoy it with!

PS: Pumpkin is my FAVORITE... can you please pass on that recipe! Thanks! xoxo

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!