Sunday, April 11, 2010

Jackson at 6 months

Jackson is already 6 and a half months. He got his first tooth on Tuesday (April 6th), and no his second one is coming in. He isn't quite as much of a drooler as in the past. He sits up like a champ. He is still fascinated with his feet. He wears 12-18 month clothes and some 24 months. He slept 8 hours again last night. Yes! (I think it was his teeth bothering him the last week or two, because his sleeping was way off.) He is eating rice cereal/barley cereal with water and apple juice. He loves prunes with apple juice, green beans, peas, and pears. He does not like sweet potatoes. I have to make sure he gets enough prunes and apple juice, otherwise he is really cranky and irregular (I know, too much info for some of you reading this...but hey, it is my journal.) He eats about a jar and a half of baby food mixed with rice cereal in a meal. I know, chow-hound. He was a little fussy the last week. I think it was teeth, but he has been a little sick too. And then yesterday when Ben was feeding him and he kept wanting more and more, I realized that maybe I could not be feeding him enough "real food". So I have been giving him more and he does seem a little happier and he slept longer...He still nurses a ton, too.
Jackson always laughs when his sisters are around. Even when I think he should cry because they are smothering him SOOO much, he smiles and laughs. He is so easy going. He loves to suck on my chin or cheek when I let him stand on my lap. Brooke calls it kisses, and gets a little mad because he doesn't do it to her. He moans and groans when you put him to sleep. He still rarely cries, but has been getting a little more anxious for interaction. He absolutely loves his excersaucer, but only stays in the johnny-jumper for about 5 minutes at a time, except of course when Livy has pulled her chair up to him and continues to "yell" funny things in his face and they both laugh. He is the handsomest baby ever. And he loves to stare at people very intently. He has eyes that light up the room (I remember Brooke's eyes being the same way.) We love you Jackson. I only wish the time wasn't going to fast.

1 comment:

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.