Friday, April 2, 2010

Starting off Spring Break

Today we kicked off "Spring Break". I had grand plans to do something FUN everyday of spring break. I am learning that I am a better mom when we are out and about. I don't do well when I try to get too much done at home, i am a grouch to the kids and I feel like I don't get much done anyway. (I think every mom has a few things they are REALLY good at, and one of those things for me is taking my kids places and doing things-sometimes I wish my strength was keeping an immaculate house and staying on top of laudry, but its not, and I need to remind myself that there are other things I am good at...because, lets face it, you don't "see" all the things you are good at sometimes because they aren't tangible)Anyways, I had planned on taking the kids to the park and helping Brooke with rollerblades, getting Livy on my mom's strider bike, etc. but it was a BLUSTERY day. And I woke up with THE WORST KINK in my neck. It is 9:30 at night, and I still can't move (and I have already been to the chiropractor once). So i changed plans and we dyed easter eggs (a huge hit). Livy's hands are still a bit green and blue. I am glad they loved doing it, because to be honest- I am not a huge fan of dying easter eggs. I think it is because my grandma always had us at her house up in the mountains for easter and we did elaborate easter egg dying and I loved doing it, but I always noticed how my eggs were never as "cool" as Heidi's and Ambers. They definitely got the artistic/creative genes and I didn't have it. So whenever I dye eggs now, I know they are never going to look as good as the pictures on the box. (I know, stupid). But I am so glad Brooke and Livy loved it so much and didn't care at all at what the eggs looked like. We even ended up dying 18 uncooked eggs along with the dozens of hardboiled ones (thanks, Cheri for that idea) because they kept wanting to dye more.
We were all still in our PJ's and it was 11, so I invited Stephanie and Kora over for lunch, you would thing that it would;ve kick me into gear to get us dressed and ready for the day, but it didn't. When they came over to play and eat, we were still in our PJ's (and lovin' it.) We are going to miss those guys when they move this summer. Kora and Brooke played, and I took livy with me to get my neck adjusted. She is my little buddy now and loves to go anywhere with me. Especially if it is just her! I am soaking it in. And even better, is that she always has to have her purse with her. She is on a ribbon kick, so her purse is usually packed with hair ribbons. She is so much fun. We cleaned the house a little for our healthy potluck group-it was our turn to host- and brooke and I watched a show together while J and Livy napped, and I iced my neck. It was a great start to a spring break. Not what I had planned, but great nonetheless.
It was good to have a low key day since we have conference, easter egg hunts, the beach, zoo, tidepools and whatever else sounds fun to do planned for next week! Now lets just hope the weather gets a little warmer to enjoy all the great things planned. But now matter what, the beach will be great. Warm or Cold!

1 comment:

Beck Family said...

Let me know when you are going to the beach. I was thinking Wednesday or Friday. We are going to the zoo on Monday, want to come?