Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sunsets and Magic

I surprised Brooke and took her to Kimberly and Rachel's baby shower. She was in HEAVEN. She loves babies, loves parties, and loves to see her cousin Madeline. She played with Madeline, held baby rachel and ate "real ice-cream." (She is lactose intolerant, so at home we have coconut bliss ice cream- its really good, but has limited flavors. And of course there were lots of toppings for her to choose from.) On the way home the sunset was just gorgeous! Just seeing it made the feeling of summer rush through my veins. Brooke and I looked in awe adn Brooke said, "Mom, I wish i had one of those pink clouds for my pillow." and "Jesus really loves us to give us beautiful things." It was so fun. It turned out to be a fantastic mommy/daughter date.

Ben is so amazing at capturing the kids attention for small things, by making them so fun. Lately, all the stories he tells and the things he does has to do with magic it seams. He tells the Magic Fruit Tree stories every night. Brooke and Livy tell me all about them the next day. I just am so amazed at Brooke's ability to remember every (and I mean every) little detail of things. She has an incredible memory. Today the magic trick was turning starburst colors. Luke was over playing and he wanted orange, ben showed him that he only had red and pink....but with a few magic words and some special rubbing of the wrists- wala-Luke got an orange starburst. The littlest things, make kids eyes light up and give them so much joy! And I think Brooke REALLY believes that her dad is magic. He always uses his magic to find lost toys, help livy and brooke play and tell cool stories.

Ben, you are one awesome dad!

No comments: