Saturday, November 13, 2010

Do you like Fremont....

What is better than 7 kids having a dance party in your kitchen/family room for an hour in the midst of eating lunch? Muddy kids running in and out of the house, playing "farm" in the mudhole in the backyard? Marble towers in the toy room and tag around the entire house, in the neighbors yard who is trying to mow his lawn and behind the shed and side yards?

Sure, i haven't gotten one thing on my to do list done. But I swept the floor, and cleaned up the books amidst the dance party. I reminisced how much fun it is to be a kid. And Ben and I had so much fun dancing with the kids!

And so when people ask me sometimes, Do you really like fremont? I am a little bit taken back. I like fremont. I like it because we live in an awesome neighborhood with lots of kids. We have incredible friends. We still go to Husky football games together. We play at the church parking lot (it is kind of like Parkmont park was, when I was a kid). We had movie night on the lawn with a big white sheet and projector with 6 families from our neighborhood on thursday. We have a lot of fun!!

So yes, i love fremont because my little life for my kids now, is how I remember childhood. Playing at each other's houses, playing in the yard with friends in the neighborhood, and lots of good friends that feel like family!

Life is good!

5 comments:

The Wittmer's said...

: ) love the fun memories...love days when the to do list does not get done because it turns out to be all about fun!!!

Beck Family said...

Uh . . . did those muddy shoes belong to my boys? I'm so sorry if they did. Thanks for taking them for a couple of hours to mess up your house so I could get mine clean. I owe you big time. But like you've said before, friends don't "owe" each other . . . so I guess what I mean to say is, I'm here next time you need me. P.S. my boys will always know Uncle Ben as the dance party guy.

The Au Family said...

You are making me want to move back to Fremont! :) Lots of great memories!

The Skoobs said...

WHooo-hoooo playing in the park...seriously we need to do a night of capture the flag!!!!

Unknown said...

I like Fremont too... actually, I like the people in Fremont the best. I miss you! and your kiddos! and your husband! and your parents! the list goes on and on...