Friday, November 12, 2010

Intentions....

"The Road to Hell is Paved with good intentions."

I don't know where that quote came from, but every time I plan on doing something and then it falls through, I kind of give myself a little feel good talk and think, well at least I had good intentions. And then that quote creeps into my mind. And sometimes it makes me more motivated and others times I shrug my shoulders and say, "Well, I guess I know where I am going."

This week was one of those weeks I had great intentions. I intended to update this blog, since I don't keep any other journals lately. You know, update it all the way back to our summer break. With pictures and all. But then Ben's computer was stolen. (along with the window being smashed in, his projector and iPad and entire computer bag stolen and then his bag on fire in the next city over. Business cards spilled out with Ben's name and info and him getting called by the cops and accused of doing it...it is a great story, he will have to post about later) And that is where all of our pictures are stored. So he tried to upload the pictures from the online back-up (thankfully Ben was a genius and actually did that a few months back), this computer crashed...so i got discouraged and haven't even attempted to try to update this old blog here because I don't have the pictures. But, hey, I had good intentions.

I also had good intentions of making some great memories with the kids since Brooke had two days off. I thought and thought about what we should do. The tech museum (i had some discounted tickets), the beach, the tide-pools, biking in San Fran, just something really fun to get out of the sometimes-monotonous feeling routine of school. Well it proved to be all thoughts. All we did was go to the park. Which is always really fun, but my grand intentions ended up being just that, intentions.

I have some great things in store for tomorrow, and unless I make a list and narrow specifics down as to what I really want to get done, tomorrow again will pass by with just intentions instead of anything actually getting done.

And hopefully next week, I will record some of the things we have been up to.....or actually finish some of the trillions of posts I have in my draft box....and maybe they won't be just intentions.

No comments: