Sunday, March 21, 2010

30

I feel like it is still the beginning of February. For some reason, when someone talks about this summer, I keep thinking it is 6months away-and really it is around the corner. Wow- we are almost to April and Easter! It has been a fun and busy month with lots of birthdays, including mine!
I am officially into a new decade! But as my friend Melanie put it, 30 is the new 20! Also, my friend Laura told me once that she was so excited to turn 30-and now I am too! I had grand plans to run a 12k around angel island on my actual birthday, but life got crazy, as usual, and I didn't start training early enough, and when my dad broke his leg and wouldn't have been able to take us on the boat to the race, and we were going to have to pay for us an dthe kids on the Ferry, I decided to change plans. Friday night we went to Maggiano's!! Awesome food! And it was so much fun to go with Brandon and Annie. She turned 30 today. Then saturday, ben said he was taking me to dinner and it was going to be a surprise where we were going. Well it turned out to be a surprise party! It was so much fun! A huge surprise, my face was so red. We had dinner and played catch phrase and hung out. Loads of fun. Ben and I have such incredible, fun, awesome friends! It was a great way to bring in the new decade of my life. And I am so excited for the rest of my life. Every year you learn so much. This past year, I feel like I have learned so much and changed so much for the better. I haven't had any huge life changing experiences or any extremely rough times that has changed my outlook. But, i feel like life has chiseled away some of the layers little by little and I can see more of what I want to be-and I am closer to it. I can see a lot more glimpses of that person that is within. I know it sounds weird, and I can't fully explain it. But it feels good. I guess it is because this birthday I have reflected and thought so much about all the changes that have occured over the last 10 years and seeing what and who i was then as compared to what and who I am now. And life was SOOO fun then, but even better now!

Twenties in a nutshell: Seeing parts of the world:backpacking Europe, road trip across the United states, Bahamas, guatemala, Hawaii, china, the caribbean, mexico, costa rica, and more-seeing different parts of the world opens your eyes and makes you different, Finishing my volleyball career in Florida, learning to be a division I volleyball coach and trying to swallow the sad truth that my life will never revolve around playing volleyball all the time anymore, Marrying the most awesome guy ever, moving to Utah and finally getting the "BYU experience", coaching and starting my Masters Degree, teaching PE,living in China, having three kids, moving back to California, coaching high school volleyball, making a difference in kids lives, raising my own kids and trying to make a difference in their lives, buying our first home, remodeling our first home, Finishing my Master's Degree, starting traditions with my own little family, learning to accept that it is the time in your life that you always thought about and making it what you dreamt it would be!

The 20's were fun, but I think my 30's will be even better!

No comments: