Monday, March 1, 2010

Jackson at 5 months

Last Monday, February 22nd, Jackson had his first bit of rice cereal. (Wow, I actually recorded something. Man, I am bad at keeping a baby book of their "firsts" for my kids.) He absolutely LOVED it! I had been thinking I would wait until about 5 1/2-6 months, just because it is so messy. And it is so much easier to just nurse. But I was having to put a lot of effort and brain thought into making sure I was drinking enough, pumping after I nursed, and drinking mother's milk tea, because lets face it, this kid eats a TON. And I am not a natural milk machine like some people. And since Jackson was grabbing at everything at the table and staring dreamily at every one's food when it went from their plate to their mouth, we thought it was time. He was a totally "neat eater". When Ben fed him there was no mess! Hallelujah! And he ate every single drop! So now he is on his first step toward solid food. Good, because I don't have to nurse as much. Bad, because it is a bit harder and takes more time to prepare, feed, and clean...but he loves it!
On Saturday, February 27th, his exact five month birthday, he rolled all the way over! (Again mixed emotions.) Hurray, he did it! Watch out, he is mobile soon! He is starting to sit up also and he loves to reach for toys.
He is still the most drooly kid ever. And the HAPPIEST, most smiley, laid back baby!
Today when I was watching Nate and Mckay for a little bit, McKay kept making faces at Jackson while he was in his excersaucer and he kept standing up and jumping and laughing his belly laugh. It was so cute- and Jack, Brooke adn the kids loved watching it and kept egging it on because it was so cute!
He loves, loves, loves the exersaucer. He likes to sit on the counter in the Bumbo and watch me work in the kitchen. He smiles everytime the girls go near him and even smiles when they get in his face...i don't know how long that will last, because pretty soon he is going to start punching them in the face because they get so dang close and make such loud noises...but for now, we will take the giggles and smiles from it.
The girls still fight over who gets to hold Jackson when they wake up and if Livy is crying, almost always in the middle of mid tear and scream she says, "I hold datin!!" (I hold Jackson) And 99% of the time if I let her hold him, she stops crying.
Thanks Jackson for being the best little baby boy anyone could ask for!!

No comments: