Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Skins

Today on the way to dropping Brooke off at Pre-school, Livy started telling me something...and after asking three times, I gave up trying to figure it out. So I asked Brooke, and Brooke responded, "MOM, SHE Said she didn't like the Skins." very matter-a-factly. Livy was telling me she didn't like the "skins" of her english muffin, meaning the crust (I didn't know there were crusts on english muffins...)
Then later today while eating an apple Brooke informed me that she liked the skin on the apples I bought, and then a few minutes later, she said she didn't. About five minutes later, Livy pipes up, " I yike ya sins, Mommy." And then a few seconds later, she says "asuawawy, mom. I yoyn't yike ya sins." translated: actually mom, i don't like the skins.

So apparently, the girls don't like the outer layer of anything on foods.....and brooke is the Best 2 yr. old translater I know. I thought I was good, but apparently not!

3 comments:

The Wittmer's said...

this made me smile! miss you guys!

Evans Fam said...

I love their language!!! Toddlers are the best!

lindsay eyre said...

So cute! We love you guys!