Monday, March 1, 2010

Snow Weekend!

It is always so fun to do fun things as a family, but it is even more fun when your kids like it! Right?! I mean when you put a ton of effort into packing up for two days (which by the way, is the same amount you would pack up for a week, so next time, why not go longer?) and your kids have a horrible time, it makes you not want to do it again. I mean sure there are always tantrums, meltdowns, pee accidents, messes, etc. But overall, when you see joy on your kids faces, it is all worth it. That is how this snow trip was!! Pure fun! Pure fun for the adults and for the kids! Even though it rained and snowed most of the whole trip it was so fun. Brooke absolutely LOVES the snow. Livy had fun too, and I think she will enjoy it even more next year. I think I want to take a day trip back up to the snow again before it is gone this winter, just to let Brooke enjoy it again. (And Arnold is only 2 and a half hours away and there is PLENTY of snow).
As I was packing up friday morning, I had flashbacks of snow trips as a kid. Staying at the cabin with Littles or our cousins and skiing all day long for a few days! As I thought about those great memories, it made me think about how grateful i was that my mom was so diligent in taking us places to make memories. Because even though it is so fun, sometimes it is hard to go on vacation or do fun things as the mom. Lots of times it would be easier to stay home and take a few day trips here and there (and those are great memories, too) but, long weekends and camping trips and vacations of sorts are so much fun as kids and fun memories for the adults, but a lot more work than day trips. But they are so worth it!

The snow was so great! We stayed at my uncle's cabin again (Thanks Uncle Benny) and drove up to cottage springs. It was snowing the entire time up there. It was just us and about three other people on the hill with freshly fallen snow powder and no trails when we started. So Mike, Spencer and Ben and the kids forged an awesome sled run! It was so fun. And by the time we were leaving, three hours later, the hill was packed and there was a line of about 8-10 people waiting to sled down our track. The kids LOVED it. And I was surprised again this year, how no one complained of being cold and wet.
It was so great to put the kids down and hang out with the adults, too! We learned a great new game, Ticket to Ride, and I love it! Thanks Mike and Melanie for teaching us. But I am ready to play again, and I will beat all you guys now that I know the stategy! One of the downfalls of the weekend was that Cheri got me addicted to cadbury eggs. I guess I never really ate them a lot. But man-oh-man, they are good. I bought a bag at the store today, and it is gone. I am a nerd and didn't take my camera, but I know Melanie and Cheri got some great pictures. So when they post them on their blog, I will steal them and post them here.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

i was about to email you some pictures, but it's hard to narrow it down from 106 of them. i'll try to find a cd or something.

SO glad someone else is as addicted to cadbury as i am!! :)