Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Aquarium

Yesterday the kids and I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Stephanie and Kora and Brightyn came with us and Dana and Jillian met us down there. It was so much fun. That place amazes me everytime I go. We were just there 4 weeks ago and I still stared in AWE at the amazing displays. The jellyfish are INCREDIBLE and the Sea Horses, WOW! I think the sea dragons are my favorite. We used to read about sea dragons in one of brooke's books and I never thought they could really look like that. But they are amazing. Thanks Mom for being a member, and thanks for being so generous in letting all of us use your passes anytime.
They have a brand new exhibit there past the sea horses. It was even new from when we went a month ago. It has sea turtles, warm weather penguins, flamingos, tropical fish and some really great interactive displays about how to save the environment. Did you know you can create your own energy power using cow manure and "flatulence" from a cow ? And this is even more mind boggling...if every american family cut down one red meat meal a week and replaced it with vegetables it would be equivilant to taking 20 million cars off the road? WOW. i had no idea that cows caused so much of the "global warming" problem. I am so glad my kids love that place as much as I do. Thanks again, Mom!

No comments: