Monday, May 3, 2010

Outing in beach attire

I thought we were on the mend. Sunday evening Brooke was doing well and I was starting to be so grateful that this was only a 24hour bug. And then in the middle of the night we had another mishap. And of course, the bowl was next to her on the window side of the bed, and she aimed toward the dresser side. And her bottom drawer was left slighty open from the evening before. So not only am I washing more bedding, but about ten pairs of pants too. Lovely. I hate how bad it hurts when your kids are sick. You just feel helpless when you can't do anything. (But also a little, okay a lot, frustrated that all they do is wine.) I have to keep telling myself, I am a grouch too when i don't feel good.

Since we were cooped up ALL day sunday, I did some yard work with Livy running around. Brooke would just lay in the entry way and cry for me to be done and sit on the couch with her, but I managed to get some things done. And when I was trying to put the timer on the sprinklers the girls decided to put on their swimsuits. Brooke got hers on and then just sat there because it took all of her energy to just get dressed. So Livy played in the water and Brooke looked "hip" in her bathing suit and shades! The weather was absolutely beautiful!!
I decided I wanted to finish my earth boxes, so I got up the courage to take the kids to Reagan's nursery. (Although, it was nice to just be outside, I needed to go somewhere, but was also so exhausted from a fun filled night of clean up and kids needing drinks and nursing and blah. blah. blah. adn just the thought of loading everyone up was making me tired.) The girls were in there swimsuits (or doot-doots, as Livy calls them) so I just packed them in the car in their beach attire. Brooke wore her blue headband as always, my sunglasses (that she picked out for me for my birthday, but wears everyday), and mis-matched flip flops. Livy had on her swimsuit and crocks. And jackson was sporting his so cute basketball shorts. When I put them on this morning Brooke said, "Look jackson, you are just like Daddy." It was so cute. And I was in my grubs. We were in style.
When I got there I put the girls on a sideless wagon and pushed jackson in the stroller (pull, push, pull, push-all through the gravel.). It was a sight. People kept looking at me, I got some pretty good stares, a few smiles, one laugh-but only one person commented, "You have your hands full." The kids all did exceptionally well. Brooke complained about her legs aching and she was too hot, but over all it was a great outing. And I got my earth box planted and more lettuce plants, and my mom's planted as well!! Hurray for the warm weather. My peas are finally starting to grow (I was a little nervous because the night after I planted the seeds, it was SO cold). I so hope my garden does well this summer. Regardless, it is really fun for the girls to help me plant everything and anticipate the veggies growing!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I love it! No plans for Utah so far.

Smith Family said...

Keep us updated on how you do your garden! I would love to see. Are they above ground planters?

We are in Shenzhen (across the border from HK).

See you guys in May!