Monday, August 30, 2010

Portland and Washington

Well, these were supposed to go at the end. But what better way to start a post than with this handsome little man!











I decided last minute to go with my parents to Portland/Washington for the weekend for a family reunion/Auntie Edie's 90th birthday and to hang out with Jason and Courtney. I am SOOOO glad I did! It was so great. i took jackson with me and we had a great time. it was only a little over 48 hours, but we packed a lot in. I was actually supposed to come home sunday evening, but we were having such a great time, my mom changed my flight and I cam home monday morning.

We got in late friday night. So we spent saturday hanging out in the morning at Jason and Courtneys. They are the best hosts. I should say everyone else was hanging out. I slept all morning. Jackson didn't sleep at all the first night, so at 7am my mom took him for me and I got to sleep for 3 hours. It was heavenly! Then we headed down to Vancouver to the Farmers Market! We finally made it there after a few stops to some shops that were going out of business. One was a high end baby store! The ergo carrier was less than what I was trying to pay on craigslist and it was brand new!! I love good deals. The Market was very fun. Great food and lots of fun vendors to walk around and look at. The guys met up with us there after doing guy stuff (shooting). And we went to dinner at Joes Crab Shack right on the columbian river. It was beautiful. We sat outside and admired the setting and all the boats! And enjoyed YUMMY CRAB!

Sunday we headed to Lake Oswego after Sacrament Meeting to go to Auntie Edie's party! She looked beautiful! She is the most upbeat, positive, happy person. I think i have seen Auntie Edie probably 12 times my whole life, but she makes you feel like you have been best friends for life. She is one of those people that makes you feel so important. She remembers everything about you and is always so happy to see you! I hope I can be as amazing as her and look as good as her when I am 90. She is definitely the glue that keeps the family together. It was great to see my dad get together with his cousins who he hasn't see since he was a kid. I got to meet some relatives I had never met. And it was so fun to get caught up with the Norris girls. We had some fun vacations with them as a family when we were young. After the party, we stopped by Bryn and Sue's in Portland and met their new little girl Beatrice. It is always good to see family. I am so grateful my grandma smith and grandma hester instilled the importance of family into all of us from the very beginning.
We headed back to the Bodily's for some awesome food! (Sounds funny to write "the bodily's" when it isn't my parents. Jason and Taylor are the only boys with the last name bodily in our family. And Jason is about to have his fourth, and final, girl. So the pressure is on for Taylor and Carly to have a boy so this branch of the family tree doesn't totally die!) We had halibut and salmon from the alaska trip. It was so good!
Courtney was so great to take pictures of Jackson in her studio that evening.
Here are some of my favorite. She is amazing.
Ben was awesome, as always, at home. He even taught my sunday school class for me and the house was clean when I got home. What a guy! It was a great trip and I am so glad I got to go. Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Beck Family said...

those are fun pictures.

Melanie said...

Love the pictures of Jackson. He is such a handsome little boy. I can't believe he is almost one year old. Crazy!!!

eyre blog said...

i'm sooooo glad you went too! makes me excited for road trips up to see you.