Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Sunday

I enjoyed so many of the conference talks this year, I enjoy them all every year, but this year I really feel like a few of them really jumped out at me. A few that I can't wait to re-read are Elder Hales, Elder Eyring, Elder Bednar's on Temple worship, and the last talk before I got to Elisha's on sunday morning (we were listening to it on bens iphone over the radio and I didn't catch who was speaking). 

I always forget to upload my pictures first and then write...so here are the pictures and you can read the stories after...I am still getting used to this blog thing. (Thanks Elisha for the Pictures.)
Ben, Dana and Me (yes I chopped my hair. It was a lot shorter than i had wanted, but it has been three weeks, so I am finally starting to get used it a little.)

Getting ready to go outside and hunt!
Decorating eggs
Brookie so excited to be hanging out with Brennan and Cami again!
For conference on Sunday we went to Mike and Gloria's (Hedy's sisters house) in Brentwood. We drove halfway to livermore and watched the last half of the first session with Elisha and the kids. Then we all drove out to Dryden's together. It was so much fun. Gloria was waiting for the kids and she had dye and eggs all ready to decorate. She made a beautiful easter bunny cake. It looked and tasted amazing! After the afternoon session of conference she had an easter egg hunt for the kids. Livia loved hunting for eggs (and of course eating the candy). The kids loved feeding the ducks behind their house as well. Gloria was so nice I think she let them go through two loaves of bread to keep feeding the ducks. 
Dana and Aaron had their dog, Max, there and Gloria and Mike have a dog named Louie. Brooke finally warmed up to them and was playing with them yesterday. So today when we went to Annie's house to meet her for walking, Brooke kept asking if she could go in the backyard and play with the dog and let it lick her. When she went to Kora's house today, she immediately asked Stephanie if she could play with Avi (it is a really small dog), but not Lola, "because she is too big." So now Brooke is in love with small dogs, hopefully she doesn't start asking for one already.

It was really fun to hang out with Elisha and the kids and Mike and Gloria and Dana and Aaron all day yesterday. We got to be with baby Jillian. She is such a GOOD baby! Thanks Gloria for making it such a great day for the kids!

2 comments:

Evans Fam said...

Don't you just love conference weekend? Looks like you guys had fun. And you need to post a better picture of that new haircut...can't really see it because of all the shadows in that picture...isn't it so liberating to have short hair?

eyre blog said...

Ashley i love love your hair cut! I hope you do too. We can't wait to see you guys again.

ps do you have word on the arbon?