Monday, April 6, 2009

March

After our trip to disneyland it seemed like life calmed down a little bit...as calm as it can get amidst the "bodily chaos". Livia was sick again the first week and a half of march and then we thought she had the chicken pox, but it ended up being a reaction to the MMR shot. It was a nice birthday gift to me, to find out it wasn't chicken pox. I had been dreading all day (on my birthday) how we were going to have to be cooped up for the next two weeks. We finally got into the doctors at 5pm and found out the spots all over were  a reaction. A big relief, but now I struggle again with the decision of vaccinations....ahhh! We had some fun activities with all the March Birthday celebrations, Heidi's wedding, Dinner with the family to celebrate all the birthdays, Cami's Birthday party, gong to see Wicked with a bunch of friends (I loved it, and there is just something about going to the City that is so fun to me. I absolutely love going to the City. Maybe it is because I feel pretty comfortable there because I grew up going there, or just because there are so many fun things to do there, but I love going to San Fransisco), and the ward talent show (very fun times  and always great memories).

We have been really busy trying to get a little organization to our house. We are painting and staining dressers, trying to decide how to do the backyard, weeding and more weeding, and trying to get a garden planted. Last weekend we had finally finished sanding one dresser and I had put the first coat of stain on it (amidst Brooke wanting to help and Livia wanting to drink the stain.) Last weekend in the middle of conference sessions, we were determined to get teh dressers done so we can organize the bedrooms better.  I was in our room cleaning out another dresser to take out and paint and Ben was outside with the girls putting the last stain coat on another dresser. Livia comes rushing into my bedroom as I am pulling out the bottom drawer of my dresser (luckily I had just taken out all of the clothes) and stumbles and drops something into the drawer, black goo started running everywhere inside the drawer (luckily it was now an empty drawer). I immediately realize it is the stain and start yelling, "BEN!!!" I scoop up the= can and look at Livia. She is COVERED with dark stain all over her sleepers, all over her new tennis shoes, on the other white dresser we had just painted that was next to the dresser I was taking out, spots on the hardwood floor, entry way tile, a huge spill all over the rug I just got from Heidi Little, and a long trail on the concrete out back from where she picked up the can of stain until she hit the sliding door. Thankfully there was not an ENTIRE trail from the back door all the way to the other side of the house into our bedroom, just a bunch of random spots. 
It took an hour or so and a lot of lacquer thinner to get it off Livia and all the other furniture. The only permamantly damaged spots are on the rug and all over her shoes (we threw out her sleepers, but kept the shoes). It was very eventful, stressful and now pretty funny. We finally finished three of the four dressers and only have to put a sealer on the fourth dresser. It only took us five different days...but without kids, it probably would have taken about four hours!!! Oh the joys of trying to get things done with  a four yr. old and an 18 month old. 

No comments: