Monday, September 20, 2010

Canning

I feel very domestic. In the past few weeks I have canned for the first time. It was actually a lot of fun. I canned tomatoes, twice. I tried to can salsa in the pressure canner. That one didn't turn out quite well. I made and canned applesauce and we are canning peaches later this week.
I feel very "domestic".
Thanks Jonna for all your help and advice. Its great to have neighbors that lend you all the cool tools to can and give you their old jars and even come over at 9 o'clock at night to help you with your applesauce, because you have no idea what in the heck you are doing!
And by the way, the applesauce turned out awesome!

2 comments:

jonna said...

Oh Ashley, it was so much fun. Not sure which was the highlight...the fun of canning with you...or the fun of seeing how delighted you were about this newly acquired interest and endeavor!

p.s. picked two BIG bins of apples late last night. i think we need another applesauce party, this time, at MY house!

House of Tong said...

Go Ashley!! I just recently tried canning for the first time - what an experience!! I found it therapeutic and extremely domestic!! I must try applesauce!! Go YOU!