Monday, September 20, 2010

Power of Moms

Ben surprised me and arranged for my friend and I to go to a retreat. A retreat all about being a great mom. Ben's cousin Saren started this website a while ago. It has been on my side bar for almost two years now, so if you have never clicked on it, I highly suggest it. Or just click here.

I learned so many great things to implement so I don't feel so overwhelmed, so tired, so "naggy", so inconsistent!! I learned about different love languages for my kids, tips for making our family economy and family legal system better. I met so many great moms that are just like me. Just like me, in that they are trying to be the best mother and wife they can be while enjoying it all.
Melissa and I had so much fun. Although there wasn't much relaxing around the pool and strolling on the beach, it was so rejuvenating!

This is where we stayed! Just the scenery was invigorating!

Some of the conference topics were:
Taking Care of the Person Inside the Mom
Finding the Time
Picking your Priorities
Family Systems
Love Languages
Mind Organizations for Moms

We are excited to start a learning circle every month with mothers here. A learning circle is just a group of moms getting together once a month and discussing an article about different aspects of motherhood. I know I emailed some of you awesome mothers about this a few months back, but if you are interested in participating in a learning circle leave a comment.

Thanks so much Ben for arranging everything! You are the BEST!

4 comments:

The Harper Family said...

This sounds AWESOME!!!

Evans Fam said...

NICE BEN!!! I have to say, I wouldn't mind a surprise like that someday:) Where was that exactly? Capistrano Bay? Looks like it was awesome Ash. I hope I get to go to one of those retreats of Saren's someday...maybe we can go together.

eyre blog said...

Glad you got to go. That would have been fun to be there with you. Can't wait to hear all about it. Get over here.

Kari said...

Sounds like that would be right up my ally. What a fun trip. I would like to learn more about it. Let's chat sometime.