Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Little Moments

Jackson isn't much of a talker. In fact I was a bit worried about his development a while back, but he babbles off and on now. But, I really want to engrave on my memory his smile and fast, loud breathing and how he starts kicking his legs that makes his whole body rock when he gets excited about something. Like when he is sitting in the high chair, and I pull out another food item he likes. Or last night when I was holding him while we were trying to get everyone in bed and I walked in the bathroom to get something and he did his little excitement dance with legs kicking and I realized he wanted to brush his teeth. As soon as I picked up the toothpaste his whole body was rocking from his legs kicking that I almost dropped him.

Livy has been practicing her manners all the time. It is so cute! She ALWAYS says thank you mom. Like yesterday at the labor day picnic, I got her a new hot dog because the other one fell on teh ground. As soon as I handed it to her, she said "dant you, mom." Or when i got her a drink at Calvin's birthday party yesterday, she immediately said, "That was so nice of you mom." And it is so cute when it is for small things. When I opened the door for her the other day, as she walked in she said, "dant you for opening the door for me, mom." Or "dant you for detting me milk, mom." It is so cute.
Another cute face of hers I never want to forget is how she cocks her head to the side and squints really hard and holds out her hand to the side and says something like, "don't you think, mom." Or "dants a good idea huh, mom."
I really love when Livy does her intense really loud "hu" in the back of the car while sitting in the car seat if she seems to think we forgot something, or if jackson is getting into something he isn't supposed to (like her towers she was building.)
I want to remember how when Livy gets really excited, especially about little things, like a cupcake or going to the park, she does her really loud "hu" and smiles and squints her eyes and shakes her hands a little with excitement. (I have to get that one on video. It is priceless.)
I hope i remember how persistent Livy is in asking every, every, every day at least 25 times. "You want to play mobbles wid me?" or "Mom, you want to play block wid me?"
I also want to remember how Livy calls any other women or girl that she doesn't really know "that Momma." For example, when Charity was here for a little while and she hadn't figured out her name yet she would say, "Dat Momma will play beads wid me, mom."

1 comment:

Ben and Ashley said...

Love those little guys! You are capturing all of our favorite things! Dant you Momma!