Friday, March 4, 2011

Bird

I was cleaning up the art project in the backyard, friday is art day at our house. So i was going in and out from the backyard and th escreen was left open. I was walking back in with my hands full of paints and garbage and i hear a really high pitch chirp. At first i thought there was a bird right above me on the roof. Then i hear this thunk, thunk, thunk-flap, chirp. I turn to the right and there is a bird in our house crashing against the corner window trying to get out. I quickly put everything down and tried to think what to do. I grabbed a couch pillow like i was going to shew it out, but decided against it. I opened the slider as wide as it could go and moved the key board that th ebird kept getting stuck between and kept thinking what to do. Should i grab a bucket and lid and try to catch it and take it out, do i shew it out. I had a few thoughts that the bird would just eventually die and then we would get it out, i thought of trying to get seeds and making a trail to the open door.....thankfully in the 1 minute that i tried to think of what to do the bird bashed its body into the window a bunch more times and then found its way out. WHEW.

It was a bit funny because i was just outside painting with the kids and admiring what an absolutely beautiful day it was and how many birds were out. And then i realized they were "in".

It was a fun event and i am grateful it resolved itself so quickly.

1 comment:

Megan and Keli'i said...

Haha! That happened to us too. I thought we had like a burglar or something in our upstairs, but it was just a bird trying to fly on out of our house. Pretty classic.