Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Dentist

Livy went to the dentist for the first time today. I guess I should say, I tried to take her to the dentist. Totally opposite to Brooke's first time, Livy freaked out before we had even gotten into the hygienist's room. There was no calming her down. After about 15 minutes of screaming and kicking I walked out of there with Livy kicking in one arm and Jackson on the other hip and told them i would call another time and reschedule. I was proud of myself that I didn't get ruffled. I didn't even get mad inside. Usually I would have been fuming...but I think it was because I totally expected that reaction. And Livy never disappoints when it comes to screaming and wailing.
Brooke is way excited to go to the dentist on Friday, so i might try and take Livy with me just so she can see that it isn't that bad. But who knows, she might start screaming even before we get in the waiting room since she knows where it is now.

1 comment:

Kari said...

We just went to the dentisit Thursday. Aiden had no cavities and Ava had one. I almost have to put her in a headlock for her to "let" me help her. I did'nt want to use the laser just so she would have to get a shot, and hopefully be better about dental practices, but the cavity was so small she didn't get either.