Thursday, March 31, 2011

Shadow Cliffs

It was 80 degrees today!! Spring is here!! Or should I say almost summer. Although it seems it has been raining forever, the hills are my very favorite color! Unbelievably fluorescent green! Driving back through the canyon it is so lush and beautiful!
With the beautiful weather we headed to Shadow Cliffs with some friends. Thankfully Ben was working from home today, so he took Brooke to school (and on a daddy date to lunch before dropping her off so she wouldn't feel so bad) and Jackson and Livy and I headed to pleasanton. It was so fun. I know my body had been craving that sunshine. I was so bummed though when i realized i had forgotten my camera. Livy and the twins (Tatum and Kale) were all three in striped swim suits about the same color and they looked so adorable running around together and burying each other in the sand. Jessica and I commented so much about how we used to do that together at Rio Del Mar. Even though Jackson was a bit grouchy and actually hated the sand it was still a perfect day. I hope i can remember all those kids running around with no one on the "beach" playing so hard and smiling so much and Jake and Jackson fighting (grunting) over the water bottle and Annie, Jessica and I just soaking in the sun and good conversation! Can't wait for summer (and spring break!).

2 comments:

Beck Family said...

I love that place. The last time I went was there was with Jessica. Such a fun place! It is suppose to be real warm here in Utah tomorrow. I am so excited summer is close!!! I can hardly wait to make our trip back to cali for Jana's wedding. I am so anxious to see all my friends again.

The Skoobs said...

Good times, good times... We should make that a weekly trip in the summer.....every Thursdays!!!