Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Little Moments

Ben and I have been watching Ben's sisters kids the last five days while they went to Boston to check a possible job oppurtunity. It was so much fun to see Brooke and Cami play together. They really are like two peas in a pod. It is so fun to sit and watch them interact. 
Tonight when we got home, Brookelyn noticed that the toy room was not clean and she insisted she clean it before she went to bed. (She has been really into "owning" the toy room lately. We had a family home evening lesson on cleaning responsibilities and most of the time is really good about it now, and we also have been implementing the gunny bag threat which helps a lot). So to speed up the process of cleaning I started to help her put the toys away. She very politely told me, "Mom, I can do this by myself." Me: "I know Brooke, but I would like to help you so it goes faster." Brooke: "But Mom,  I would like to do it for you. It is a surprise. Could you please go out." It was said so politely and kindly, that I almost cried. She kept yelling to me in the other room, "Its almost done mom." And then she came to the front room to put a pillow away on the coach and noticed the pillow weren't perfectly set out, she told me very kindly, "Mom, I can fix the pillow too! Don't look." She was so proud of herself. She grinned from ear to ear and kept showing me her "work". Then she came over and gave me a kiss on my shoulder. She went back to finishing the toy room and when she was done, stood in the middle of the room with her hands in the air smiling and saying, "Look at the surprise mom!!" And then rushed over and gave me another huge hug and kiss!!! It was so precious. Like all moms, I wish I could capture these moments in a bottle and hold them forever. 
Livia has been so fun (and a handful) lately. At Mike and Elisha's she took everything out of every cupboard at least ten times. Its amazing the difference in "baby-proofing" your house to "kid-proofing" your house. Livia is really into shoes, toothbrushes, being outside, bikes and being a total ham! She is so funny! She loves to give you wide mouthed kisses and then run away and climb onto the table and scream until you give her attention. Then climb back down, go to you and give you a "love bite" (that really hurts) laugh and go back to climbing. 
I just love watching Livy and Brooke interact. Brooke really, really loves to be with Livy. Tonight when we were riding bikes in the street, Brooke loved to have Livy on a big wheel with her. She just laughed and laughed while Livy bounced up and down trying to make the bike go and practically pushing Brooke off. Brooke just loves to adore her and help her (which can get a little over the top).  I hope they will always love to be with each other this much. 
Another fun moment I hope I will always have burned in my memory is Livia wanting to dance. As soon as she hears music she starts to bob her head, which kind of shakes her whole body, and then walks over and wants me to pick her up and dance. This kind of became a morning tradition of ours over the Christmas season. I absolutely love christmas music. We don't really have any furniture in our front room, so every morning we would blast christmas music and the girls and I would dance. So now, every time Livy hears music, she wants to dance. 


No comments: