Friday, January 2, 2009

The marathon up to Christmas


The Christmas Break has been so much fun, it was hard to have Ben start back to work again today. Luckily we get to babysit Brennan and Cami for the next five days. Mike and Elisha dropped them off at 6am this morning on their way to the airport. So Brooke isn't having Daddy withdrawls just yet. She has been such a daddy's girl the last couple weeks. She got really sick with a high fever a few weeks ago, and ever since then she only wants dad. (I guess that tells you who the soft, compassionate one is.)
December was such a fun, crazy month. It started off with our annual trip to Disneyland. It was so much fun! (Especially since I had just finished my thesis and was celebrating the completion!!) Ben was able to come with us for both days this year! Everything is just so much more fun when he is around. One, because he helps so much with the girls, and two, because he is just such a fun guy! 
Ben and I left super early wendesday morning, the 3rd because I had to be back for volleyball lessons and my volleyball banquet, which went very well. I sure love my volleyball girls. I realize more and more how many really good people there are. I get to coach awesome girls with really great parents. 
Then we had our Christmas in Bethlehem that I was in charge of. It went great, mostly because LeeAnn did such an awesome job organizing it last year that it was very smooth going again this year! We have such a fun ward so its fun to plan the activities because everyone enjoys them!!
Then it seemed like the marathon of events started, the Christmas Party at Maggianos for Mowry-U-Stor, Sunday dinner with friends and family and a special visit from Santa (this is a tradition of Hedy's, but we missed the program this year), my dad's work party (that we are always so lucky to get invited to, great food and fun white elephant gifts), Christmas eve at Chongs and a white elephant gift exchange after), this year there were 27 peole, the Lousi family, my Aunt Karen adn Uncle Orv with Dan and Shari and their 3 kids from St. George and our whole family! The shoes vanessa got were great. 
Christmas day was so nice. It was our very first Christmas in our house. We opened gifts at our house and enjoyed the morning a bit. Then went to my parent's late morning and had my mom's famous eggs benedict with the entire family! My mom does such a great breakfast on her Christmas China. It is so beautiful and so, so, so, so good!! We opened gifts with all the cousins after breakfast and just enjoyed the day with the family!  

Ben and I love all of the activities, but missed some of the activities that we used to do with his parents. And are excited for doing some traditions of our own at our home next season!

No comments: