Friday, January 23, 2009

New Valedictorian

I grabbed the mail yesterday and saw a letter from BYU for Ashley. I assumed it was just notificaiton about her masters degree, but it was even better! Here's what it said...

"Dear Ashley,
Congratulations on being selected as a valedictorian for the graduate students in the Department of Excercise Sciences for the fall class of 2008. This designation represents extraordinary accomplishment and is universally recognized as the highest honor that can be earned by an indvidual for academic achievement. We are extremely proud of you and congratulate you for your outstanding performance and extend our best wishes for success in your professional career.
Sincerely,
Gordon B. Lindsay, Associate Dean
College of Health and Human Performance"

WOW!!! Go Ashley! I am so proud of her for completing her thesis during such a hectic time in our life. She is nothing short of amazing in all that she does, and I'm so happy she is getting this special recognition! I love you, babe! Great job!

One more thought...when Ashley and I were engaged, I attented her graduation at FAU. (She got special recognition then too with the university Caring Award!). During the ceremony, several graduate students spoke, and afterwards Ashley was so inspired she said "I am going to get a Masters Degree!" Babe, you did it! And you did it as a VALEDICTORIAN! Awesome!!

Ben

5 comments:

Beck Family said...

Amazing! Just goes to show you can do whatever you put your mind to. Thanks for the great example. Congrats!

Laura said...

Way to go Ashely! We feel special having such accomplished friends. :)

Britty said...

Hi Ashley! I am sorry we didn't stop by later today...you know how it is with so much family together. I would still love to see your place sometime. You should post some photos of the place.

And, WHOA, valedictorian? That's simply amazing. Brandon graduate from BYU in exercise science and I know what a challenging degree that was, I can only imagine the masters. Way to go.

You can check out our blog and I'll be adding yours to my reading list.

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

Congratulations Ashley!!!! You are amazing!

Andrews Family said...

Way to go Ashley...that's awesome!!! I am glad to see you guys have a blog! Your kids are soo cute!