Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Old Friends


So I am still learning all of the tricks. These photos were supposed to go after the thoughts...



Brookelyn, Jackson and Jordan
I am so blessed to still have friends from elementary school. Not just aquaintences, but the best friends anyone could ask for. Ryan, Nick, John an dI have been in the same ward and neighborhood since I was born. I think Ryan moved here when he was four and John only left for two years in junior high when they lived in Pennsylvania and Maryland. And all of our parents still live in the same houses and the same ward. The centerville ward has an unbelievable way of  binding people together. I wish I had the picture of the four of us graduating together.  We spent every summer night as kids at the park, playing capture the flag, captain sly or hide and seek until the wee hours of the morning, or until the cops came and told us to go home. We went toilet papering together, doorbell ditching (don't tell our kids), we snuck into parking garages to play hockey on rollerblades, we would get into some of the most heated games. I think that is probably where i got some of my competitive drive. I can still remember being at John's house and him and my brother, Taylor, taught me how to shoot a free throw. I think i was in 3rd grade. We ate sunday dinners at each others home, usually multiple homes every sunday. There has always been such a special bond with all of these guys! They are so awesome!! It isn't very common that you find people who have been friends for their entire life. And still keep in tough regularly. We have so many awesome memories together. 
And now the coolest thing is that all of our kids play together. We all hung out this past week. It was like old times. We had dinner at Ryan's parents one night, watched the game and dinner at my mom's, dinner here at our house and then the FAMOUS Jonutz fried chicken on sunday. It is so fun to see our kids play together. I am kind of mad at myself that I didn't get a picture of the four of us. The best part of it is that all of our spouses get along so well. Nick is still the eligible bachelor. But he knows his future wife better gel well with all of us. 
Thanks Ryan, Nick and John for your friendship. And thanks Melissa and Carrie for being such great friends!!!

No comments: